Sunday, September 4, 2011

Busy Bees

My first week of teaching...done! Given it was a 3 day week, but still. It was a crazy first 3 days, full of procedures, classroom management, and getting a routine in line. I also had to adjust to getting up super early and being on my feet and talking all day. All in all though, it was a pretty great 3 days! However, I am very thankful to have Labor Day off. VERY thankful! 2nd graders can really wear you out...I am excited to get back in shcool though and get onto the really fun parts of school and further into the content! I love it, I really really do :)

Since starting school, I have gotten much more busy, as has Julia. There was a day last week where we actually didn't see each other. We have also been getting to know our local walmart really well! We have made random runs to get various teaching supplies as we think of them. My personal favorite time was when we went before school one morning, at 5:45 am. Yep. We got cornstarch and celery. Dedication, that's what I say!

We also got to have some great down time this weekend since we got an extra day off! While we spent a good bit of it catching up on sleep and working on cleaning our house, (see picture below) we also hung out with Ryan and his cousin's who visited a bit. We headed to Shadyside, a part of the city of Pittsburgh, where we went to this awesome ice cream place called "Oh Yeah". There you could get a scoop of ice cream and mix in different things, much like coldstone. However, their menu contained a much more diverse list of mix ins. This list included bacon, seaweed, rose water, lemon peel, and goat cheese. I veered away from this strange list and got cookie dough ice cream with honey nut cheerios mixed in. SO good! If you ever visit, remind us to take you there :)

All in all, its been a great week! We have found a church that we really love with people that we know, we are settling well into our schools, and we are enjoying exploring this cool city. I cannot say it enough, we are SO blessed! Now onto a bit of relaxing and a whole lot of lesson planning! Happy September all!

Our dining room turned work area!

The 3 of us enjoying a night out in Pittsburgh!

No comments:

Post a Comment