Tuesday, July 17, 2012

My Best Friends' Wedding

Yes, I did snatch that title from a favorite movie of mine, "My Best Friend's Wedding". However, if you were paying attention and are grammatically gifted enough to realize, I did place that little apostrophe after the s. Nerdy moment.

Nerdy as it may be, it is completely true. Last weekend I attended the wedding of not one, but two of my best friends, Adrian de Lange and Kaylee Engelsman, and now, de Lange! (It's going to take me a bit to get used to that...) I got to watch two of my best friends get married to each other. Crazy and awesome!

I met these two in college at different times. I became incredibly good friends with each of them individually. I spent a ton of time with each of them, being ridiculous and doing awesome college activities including chair races, office parties, baking bread, watching movies, and eating large amounts of deep fried cheese curds!

Well, college went on and then came the middle of junior year. Kaylee and Adrian met officially and hit it off, and eventually began to date. It was a strange time, when two of my best friends started dating each other. Once my brain processed it, I was super excited for them!  I spent a lot of time with these two, hard core third wheeling it, which I hope they didn't mind too much! College was so awesome because of these two, and most of my memories from college involve the two of them!


Good times in college!

So you can now imagine why this wedding was so special for me. It was such a blessing to watch these two become husband and wife! Adrian and Kaylee are two of the most kind, considerate, loving, passionate, hilarious, and wonderful friends a person could have, and I have gotten to be friends with them both! It was a wonderful day and to top it all off, I got to spend the week beforehand hanging out with them and their ridiculously awesome families!

I am so thankful God placed these two people in my life! They are the best-est friends a person could ever ask for :)


I was blessed to be maid of honor in their wedding!

Love them so very much :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment