Sunday, October 14, 2012

My People

People.

The world is full of them. Living in a large city, I see and am around people I don't know nor will I ever see again. I can walk into a store and interact with dozens of people who I know nothing about.

Then there is the small population of the world that you can call yours. Your friends, your family, your people. These are the people who know you, who accept you, who love you.

I am grateful to say that I have been blessed with the most fantastic people in my life.

Last weekend, I was blessed to be the personal attendant for two dear friends' wedding. This was a wedding of two people from a group of friends of mine. We all met at college and, through many ridiculous and awesome times, became incredible friends. We now live in 6 or so different states with various jobs and lives. It is not often when we see each other, but when we do, we have an incredible time!

There was a moment last weekend when we were all laughing about something when I just stopped for a moment and thought...how was I so blessed to come out with the most phenomenal friends?

I have been thinking about it recently. My life is filled to the brim with encouraging, loving, friendly, considerate, kind, Christian people who love me and accept me for me. I get to be my oddball self and they are still my friend. How blessed am I?!?

It is my hope and goal that I am as good of a friend to others as they are to me. Even living hundreds of miles away from most of my friends and family, I still feel love and hope I am sending plenty their way as well! I cannot thank God enough for these people. Let's be honest, I am a bit of a people person. People in my life get me through, encourage me and are the driving force through the tough times and are there to celebrate and share in the joy of the great times!

So I say to the wonderful people in my life...I am so thankful for you!!

Three extraordinary girls, my besties, at Alex and Aaron's wedding. These girls are all sorts of awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment