Friday, June 22, 2012

You Know You're From a Small Town When....

Since I am blessed to have a job where I get the entire summer off, I am taking a vacation back in my homeland of Wisconsin! I love living in Pittsburgh, I do, but in my heart, I am a small town girl. I come home to my awesome, wonderful, quirky, small town that I love.

So here is my list of how you know you're from a small town, in no particular order: 

1. You live on the outskirts of a town whose population is "Uncorporated" which means "your town was too tiny for us to count".

2. You stop your car in the middle of the road to talk to person walking on the side of the road for a solid 15 minutes. My mom literally did this 2 days ago.

3. Walking into the local grocery store (Piggly Wiggly, in my case) and you immediately see 5 people you know. I talked to my friend's mom/elementary music teacher for 15 minutes the other day!

4. People crank their neck and point fingers as they see your out of town license plate rolling through town. 

5. When you tell people who you are, they ask you about who your parents/grandparents are, where they live, and whose places those used to be.

6. We have no stoplights in our town. Unless you count the one that only lights up when a fire engine goes through town.

Yes, all these delightful qualities add up to one pretty special town! I will continue to enjoy my time at home for another 2 weeks. Allows me plenty of time to get back my Wisconsin accent!


3 comments:

  1. Don't do it!!! Don't get the accent back! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute. My hometown is very similar. But now I live in a small town with a traffic light. LOL

    ReplyDelete