Monday, June 4, 2012

Mission Accompished!

This is it. I've reached the end of my very first year of teaching! It has been quite the year and it feels AWESOME to have come to the end.

As I reflect on the past year, it is so cool to see how much my students have learned! They have worked unbelievably hard to accomplish all they have. In 2nd grade this year, we have made animal diagrams, memorized dozens of Bible verses, learned double and three digit addition and subtraction, labeled prepositional phrases, discovered what homonyms are, learned how to spell words from write to educational, studied people including Abraham Lincoln to Martin Luther King Jr., discovered how to write 2 point paragraphs, and so much more.

Whew! This group of kids worked hard to learn all this new content and I could not be more proud of them! Not only am I proud of all they learned, I am so proud to see how much they have grown in other ways in 1 year. They have become more responsible, more independent kids and I have gotten to witness it first hand! How cool is that?

These kids are so special to me. Not just because I got to teach them, but because they are my first class and will always be my first class. These children are hilarious, kind, loving, loud, crazy, smart, sensitive, caring, and a whole lot of other adjectives! I can't begin to even describe my relationship with my students. You spend 7 hours a day, 5 days a week with kids and you get pretty fond of them!


While watching RTCS's high school graduation, I realized the immense reward in being a teacher. We get to help our students find their way, figuring out what they want and who they are. Then we watch them leave, go into the world to try and conquer it! In what other profession do you get that joy? I have said it before and I will say it again. I love being a teacher!

Now I am going to start soaking up my summer vacation! Another reason I love being a teacher :)

No comments:

Post a Comment