Monday, May 14, 2012

Supermom

I'm going to do it. I am going to be incredibly cliche' and brag all about my mom for mother's day. I think it's warranted though, right? I mean, this holiday is mean to recognize how awesome our mothers and grandmothers are. I have been incredbily blessed with one amazing mom!

First off, my mom is one of the hardest working people I know. She is known for her endless energy and running around like a crazy person! When my parents got married, they both worked on my grandparents/dad's farm. My dad did all the field work and feeding, while my mom milked the cows. I call that true love, when you milk cows for your husband!

As if that wasn't enough, my mom got a second job when I started high school. That means she would wake up at 2:30 am, milk the cows, head to her second job which she started at 8 am and got done with at 2, then head out to milk the cows again by 2:30. Not to mention she did this while my sister and I were busy in school with lots of extracurricular activities going on. She is seriously superwoman.

Another reason my mom rocks? In November 2008, my mom was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer. Not only did my mom beat the cancer, she kicked its butt! While going through various chemo and radiation treatments, my mom continued to work and never called in sick. She still did everything she normally did as best as she could. In fact, my sister, my dad, and I had to run around and make her stop doing things!

Ask anyone who knows her and they will tell you she is always going, always smiling, and always willing to help you out. My dad and I tease her about being a people pleaser, but I know that I have inherited that exact trait from her! She is a blessing to our family and has been an incredible model of what a Christian woman, mother, and wife should be. Thank you mom, for always being there for me and for being as strong as a rock. Love you!

My mom, a crazy awesome person!


1 comment: