Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Almost there...

The end of the school year is coming. It actually popped out of nowhere and surprised me! I was just cruising along, teaching, teaching, teaching, and BAM! Someone told me there were 8 days left of school.

Whaaaaat?!

I am nearly done with my first year of teaching. I don't even really know how it is possible for a year to go by that fast.

Here in 2nd grade, we are working on finishing up our chapters, taking tests, studying the last few lessons in grammar, and tons of other parts of our subjects that need to be finished! The big final project of 2nd grade is working on making some of our very own children's books. It's a daunting and patience testing project, but one that will turn out really awesome! Or I am working frantically to make sure they do. Either way, the kids have been really excited about them and it has required them to use a lot of writing and artistic skills. Great practice!

Overall it has been a really fun past few weeks. I keep looking forward to summer, but I am continually reminding myself to enjoy these last 2 weeks! I won't teach these kiddos again and I've got to make the most of it all. I've been taking lots of extra hugs this week, which has been an awesome reminder of the amazing kids I have gotten to teach. I've got to stop now before I start tearing up all over my computer! Not doing that yet!


To add to the fun that has been the last few weeks, my roommate's boyfriend, Peter, came and visited the past week! He's a pretty swell guy and it was fun to hang around with him. He is Canadian and, in truth, I've been in withdrawal of Canadian friends since leaving college, so it has been nice to get a little dose again!

Julia and I also had some friends over at our house for the first time this past weekend. We had a little shindig on our deck. Sounds sophisticated huh? Yeah, we are adults. We have parties on our deck. We had appetizers. Pretty cool stuff! It was fun and we have been blessed with some pretty awesome friends!


What more can a girl ask for? Nothing. Really and truly. Just praying for the strength to make it the last few weeks still standing! I've made it this far. Almost there!


Oh, the life of a teacher!





1 comment: