Sunday, May 6, 2012

Funny Stuff


Kids are hilarious. Crazy funny! Their brains think in the most fantastic ways. There have been moments with my students where I simply bite my lip or we all just laugh together! I quite enjoy this, especially because I LOVE to laugh and enjoy these times with my students. As the saying goes, kids say the darnedest things, so here they are! A few more delightful, hilarious moments to share with you!
  • One morning the upper school science teacher came down before school and was talking with my students. She was talking about their forearms, referring to the lower part of their arm. One of my students, after hearing the teacher say "You need to use your forearm for that!" replied with "We don't have four arms, we only have 2!"
  • Every morning I start the day by saying "Good Morning 2nd Graders!" to which they reply"Good Morning Miss Ongna!" The other day, my students were particularly tired and mumbled their way through their part. I told them we were going to try it again, so I started out and quote loudly and enthusiastically said "Good Morning Miss Ongna!" Yeah...oops! Immediately we all burst out laughing at my ridiculousness. My students were then awake and very enthusiastic. So it all worked out! Totally all part of my plan...
  • As my students were leaving the classroom on Friday afternoon, I stood just outside the door and gave them all hugs/high fives as they were leaving. They were all quite energetic and were yelling "Bye! Love you Miss Ongna!" A 6th grade student happen to witness this and said "Boy Miss Ongna, everyone just loves you!" I turned to her and said something to the effect of "Woot woot!" in a sing-songy voice and did a little dance as I walked away. I heard a bunch of laughter then someone say "She is weird..." I couldn't help but laugh!
As you can see, we have lots of fun in 2nd grade and at RTCS in general! This is such a great school! There is such a dedication to the students and to quality Christian education from everyone involved. These are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. The students are also phenomenal and the bond that occurs within this small school creates the fantastic atmosphere that fills the halls at RTCS!

I will continue to say, I feel unbelivably blessed to teach here. God knew exactly where I needed to be and where I would fit well, and that I know without a doubt it is RTCS. I have gotten the chance to teach with some phenomenal teachers and soak up all the knowledge I can, plus have some pretty fantastic times too! Lots of laughter comes from the teachers too :)

With 4 weeks left, I will continue to enjoy all the time left and I am sure there will be many, many more moments of laughter and enjoyment ahead.

I'll end with a favorite quote of mine from E.E. Cummings
                       "The most wasted of all days is one without laughter."  

Abraham Lincoln hats we made after spending time studying him last week!



1 comment:

  1. I don't think it was exactly "she's weird", it was more like "crazy" or something like that but in a good way. As I have said before, "That is why we love you." I am blessed to be able to share part of your day, even if it is very small. We are blessed to have you. One of my favorite mornings was when one of the girls asked how you know if a man is the right one. LOL. Then, how do you know if he is a good Christian.

    ReplyDelete