Wednesday, March 28, 2012

It's Official!

I am now a for real resident of Pennsylvania! Friday I had a day off of school and I took full advantage of it by getting my Pennsylvania license and license plate. I finally got a different car and I now am rocking PA plates. Finally!

Lenny rocking the new license plate... I'm still trying out names. 

It was a strange feeling, changing in my license and plate. I have been living here for 8 months and feel like this is now home. However, Wisconsin has been and always will be home-home. Not familiar with the term home-home? That's because I just sort of made it up. I do that sometimes, just ask my students! Anyways, I consider Wisconsin my home-home, which is the place I grew up, where I will go back to for holidays, where my family lives, the place I can always go to and feel familiar, cozy, and all warm and fuzzy.

With that said, my home is now Pittsburgh. It is still strange to say that, but it really does feel like it. I am establishing a life here, making great friends, loving my job, and really feeling like I have a place where I belong. It is amazing to see how much life has changed since August, when I was still hesitant if moving someplace new was the right choice.

It was definitely the right choice and after making it "official" with my license and license plate, I feel so...at peace. God chose to place me here and now I definitely know why. He knew the people I needed in my life and knew the place where I was needed. It feels so wonderful to have life somewhat figured out, at least for the moment! These past few weeks I have made myself pause to take time to look back and see how faithful God has been. When I am feeling worried or anxious about something, I simply look back to see how God has carried me through time and time again.

Now I know I have said this several times before, but I have to constantly remind myself and those who may be in need of reminding as well. Times may get tough and the waters may be rough, but God WILL get us through it. It is astounding to me just how amazing our God truly is, how patient He is with us, and how much He loves us.

So, Pittsburgh, I hope you are ready for me to stay for a little while! Although I must admit, I like the Wisconsin plates better! No offense PA! :)

1 comment:

  1. We are glad you are here. The people in this area are generally nice and make it easy to call it your home. I grew up here and lived in Virginia for awhile. i am glad I am back. We hope you stay for a long time. Thank you to your family for sharing you with us.

    ReplyDelete