Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Family, Farming, and Food

Multiple choice/fill in the blank question for you.

Life has been rather ________ lately.

a.) busy  b.) crazy  c.) awesome  or d.) all of the above

For me, I would choose option d. While it has been crazy and busy, life has also been really awesome. For the past few weeks, I have been helping out with my school's spring production/musical. They put on "101 Dalmatians, in which students kindergarten through 6th grade were involved and a few upper school students were as well. I did what I could, rather odd jobs and helping where needed. I even sewed a few things too! It was super fun, albeit exhausting as well, but the performance was this past Friday night and it was WONDERFUL! I was so proud of them all. They were all such cute puppies! It was also really rewarding to get to know students in the other grades as well and establish a relationship with them. All in all, it was great. Really, really great!

What made this past weekend even better was a visit from my family! Not only did my parents visit, but 2 of my aunts, Beth and Barb came along, as well as a surprise addition of my sister! They got to see my students perform "101 Dalmatians" too and enjoy the weekend here in Pittsburgh. While it was a beautiful weekend, it also happened to be St. Patrick's Day and we figured out that Pittsburgh has one of the biggest parades in the country. We didn't partake in the festivities, but did hit up some hot spots including Mount Washington and Primanti's.

My sister, my mom, and I at Mount Washington.




If you have never been to Primanti's, you have to go. It is a Pittsburgh area restaurant, so you would have to visit! Check it out, because it is an unique and delicious place to eat. Most of my family was a fan. I love it. If you go, get the black angus sirloin steak sandwich. Do it, you won't regret it.

My sister is going to kill me, but here she is trying a Primanti's sandwich. She had ham on her selection.



The final highlight to the weekend was a game. Not just any game, "Life on the Farm" game. This is the game I played throughout my childhood. My Grandma Ongna owned the game and my Jensema family played it every year at Christmas Mountain in Wisconsin Dells. It is basically Monopoly, but with farming. It is awesome. Perhaps I am biased, being a farm kid and all. We played it Saturday night after frying out at my cousin Ryan's place and enjoying the beautiful weather. We were all falling over from laughter...all in all it was the best time.

The Farm Game!


Basically it was an amazing, fantastic, wonderful weekend that went by all too fast. I am so grateful they all got to visit and see a bit more of my life around here. I love my family, so so much, and for them to see the area and people I have grown to love means the world!

My wonderful aunts, Barb and Beth.

1 comment:

  1. so fun! you look fabulous (love the shirt/dress in the last pic!!)

    ReplyDelete