Monday, January 2, 2012

A Year in Review

It is that time of year, when its out with the old and in with the new. The starting of a new year always brings about reflection of the year past and looking forward to a new year, full of expectations, resolutions, and general excitement. As many do, I have been reflecting on this past year quite a bit lately. I can easily say this past year has been full of the most changes I have ever experienced. I lived in 4 different states, traveled to about 10 (and a Canadian province), student taught, graduated college, got a job, and started my teaching career. Phew.

I have experienced some crazy things this past year, many things which I never would have imagined dealing with. Thankfully I can say now I am stronger because of it and have learned an immense amount about people, God, and myself. It seems like I am finally becoming an adult and figuring out God's calling for my life, though there are bound to be surprises still to come!



I was blessed to be able to end 2011 in Wisconsin, spending a week there. It was an awesome time of rejuvination and reunion with family and friends. All in all, there was a LOT of laughter. I was reminded, again, of how blessed I truly am! Now I have returned back to Pittsburgh, ready to tackle school once again. I must admit, coming back was a bit hard this time, after spending so much time with family and friends. But I know this is where I am suppose to be, and I am excited to take on the challenge of the second half of school. Bring it on!

Here's a little picture time line of my life in 2011. What an awesome year!

I got to start the year living in Chicago with my cousins, the Beezholds, during my first part of student teaching. Such a fun 2 months!!

Some of my senior year roommates, finishing off our last year of college!

We graduated college! These are some pretty awesome people who I get to call friends.

Summer = lots of weddings. Our sister group at my friends Clara and Dave's wedding.

For my friend Jessica's wedding, I got to road trip to Ontario with 2 of my favorite people in the world! Kaylee, in the picture with me, and her fiance Adrian. We even got to see Niagara Falls :)

The big move to Pittsburgh!

My amazing 2nd graders. You already know how much I love these kids!

The end of the year holidays were spent with my hilarious and wonderful family and friends. A great end to a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment