Saturday, January 21, 2012

Happy Anniversary!

This week, the 24th to be exact, marks the anniversary of my parents wedding. This year in particular marks 25 years of marriage for my parents. Now in a world where half of all marriages end in divorce, celebrity marriages are counted in weeks or months, and the general attitude towards marriage is rather casual, it is an amazing thing to celebrate 25 years of marriage.

My parents met back in the day at the restaurant my mom worked at. My dad's friend brought him to meet my mom. After that, they dated and fell for each other. My mom has told me that for dates she would often times help my dad milk the cows and do other farm chores. Yep, that's true love alright. Then came marriage and the rest is history! 

Now I may be quite bias, but my parents are pretty much amazing. They are hilarious, caring, hard working, and wonderful people. Whether it was running their farm together, raising me and my sister, or battling my mom's cancer, my parents have always faced everything together, as a team. I am so blessed to have them as parents. They have taught me so much, been there for me and my sister no matter what, and for many other people. They are a great example of a solid Christian marriage.

While I wish I could be home this weekend to celebrate this milestone for my parents with them and the rest of my family, I am celebrating from Pittsburgh this weekend by thanking God for blessing me with 2 amazing parents. If you see my parents in the next few days, give them an extra hug or hello for them from me!

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad! I love you so much!

My crazy parents...and people wonder where I get it from! ;)

They are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment