Monday, December 31, 2012

Wrapping It Up

The end of the year is always such a crazy time, especially when you are a teacher. December holds various parties, concerts, and other special events. It also means that the kiddos are crazy excited for all these special things, most especially Christmas. I mean, who can blame them!

Even amidst all of the craziness, we had a fantastic end of 2012 in 2nd grade! My students stayed focused till the end. We even topped off our last day of school with a party, including lots of treats, games, crafts, and waffles! Yeah, we made waffles for lunch. It was delicious and slightly insane of me, I realize. It worked out wonderfully though and was so tasty! We also played games with the 1st graders, created our own sock snowmen, and watched the ADORABLE preschool/kindergarten Christmas play. The best way to finish off the first part of our school year.

I have gotten to spend the last part of 2012 in my homeland of Wisconsin. Time here is always so wonderful and goes far too fast! The days have been packed with family gatherings, hang outs with friends, Packer parties, and sleeping in. All of my most favoritest things! Family Christmas gatherings included mockery, Wii sports (with my dad, which was incredibly amusing!), and pigs' feet. We are quite a diverse group.

Photo: Love my cousins :)
A few of my phenomenal cousins! Always a great time with this bunch! And check out that stellar Packer's championship shirt :)

This break also allowed me to spend time with friends, ones I don't get to see much at all anymore. It is so great to get to see them when we all come home, even if it is only 1 night! Though it does hurt my heart a little to only see them for one night every few months. Just a result of growing up, I guess!

Sidenote: I've decided someday I am going to buy up land and make a commune, on which all of my friends' can live. Not the weird kind where we make our own food and dance around in the fields. More like a giant cul-de-sac.

Another sidenote: Have you noticed my new blog look? I figured it could use an update with the new year! Woohoo for 2013!

As I contemplate the upcoming year that is 2013, I feel a little intimidated, a smide anxious, but pretty excited! It is going to be a year of changes, for sure. But 2012 has sure been one fantastic year! So thankful God blessed me with such an awesome year of life. Bring on 2013!!

No comments:

Post a Comment