Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Tough Stuff

Sometimes life isn't all peachy. Sometimes I struggle with stuff. Sometimes it is really hard for me to stay positive. Sometimes things just don't work out the way you want.

I try to push those thoughts away and put on a smiling face, but I figured it was time for me to be honest. I would be lying if I wrote about life constantly being a bed of roses sans thorns, even though my life is pretty fantastic. I have this need to never show anyone my struggles, though I am positive I am not the only one.

Well, tonight I finally broke and had a mini meltdown.

As I allowed myself wallow a bit in my ickiness that was the meltdown, I realized that I am not turning to God like I should. In fact, I've been getting so caught up in my busy life that I haven't been giving Him much time at all.

Sometimes a mini meltdown is just what you need to realize just how much you really need God, not just during those hard times, but daily and consistently. If I can show anyone my struggles, it is Him! God has been showing that to me recently.  It just, sadly, took me this long to really open my eyes to it and really confront it head on. It isn't fun or easy to realize and admit you've been slacking in a relationship, let alone the relationship with your Lord and Savior. I can cast my cares on the Lord and He will take them upon Himself, keeping me in His care the entire time. How amazing of a deal is that?!

How wonderful it is to have a loving and patient God, who continues to stay by our side, love, and forgive us, even if it takes us a bit longer to realize it. Tonight, I am thanking God for His love and sacrifice for me, even though I most definitely do not deserve it.

"Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken."                                  
                    Psalm 55:22

No comments:

Post a Comment