Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Yogurt, Guns, and a Happy Easter!

I just returned from my spring/Easter break, which was also a much needed and wonderfully appreciated break! I am also learning to very much appreciate the fact that I am a teacher and still get to take these delightful breaks. Don't even get me started on the thought of summer break! I digress. I am sharing with you a few of my favorite pictures from my week in an attempt to give you a brief overview of my break. Enjoy! 

Frozen Yogurt...that makes it healthier right?
Erika Voskuil and Kim Ingelse are pretty much my adopted sisters. We mock each other mercilessly, quote movies and TV shows, and talk about anything under the sun.  We ventured around Milwaukee Thursday, laughing and being ridiculous in pretty much every store. These are 2 girls who I can pretty much guarantee will make you pee your pants when you hang out with them. I love these 2 a whole bunch, so anytime spent with them is time well spent.

The Flying Onion
Seeing as this past weekend was Easter weekend, I was blessed to be able to spend lots of time with family. I wasn't able to get any pictures from my Jensema gathering on Saturday because I was too busy holding my ADORABLE new 2nd cousin Joshua! I pretty much consider him a pseudo nephew since I don't have any yet. It was great to see them all, especially the precious new addition to our fam jam.

These pictures I do have are a collection that my cousin Lindsey and I took during the Ongna festivities on Easter Sunday. We Ongna's have a little tradition of shooting guns. Strange? Perhaps. Although in Wisconsin, not so much. I snagged the picture above when one of my cousins was chucking an onion in the air while another cousin shot at it. It. Was. Awesome.


Lindsey also got this winner shot of me shooting my first real gun, a 20 gauge. It was my younger cousin Joshua's gun. He told me I could handle it, so I felt relatively confident. It was loud and had a smidge of a kick, but I totally held my own! I didn't hit the target, but that's not what its always about right? So I tell myself...

Tamarah, Lindsey, and I enjoying the very windy outdoors.

The best photo from the 20 we took, believe it or not! 
 And now we come to this picture of awesomeness. These 2 are two of my nearest and dearest friends. I have also known them for my entire life and we get together anytime we can. Anna and Sam met up with me for lunch which resulted in some crazy Wisconsin accents, water being spilled across the table, and some snort filled laughter. We always manage to have a great time! Its like someone hits a refresh button when I meet up with them. They are simply wonderful :)


I end with a picture of my puppy, Pepper. By puppy I mean a 9 year old beagle, but a puppy at heart. No matter how long I've been gone from Wisconsin, I am always greeted by an enthusiastic Pepper, waiting and ready to lick me. I love WI, which I've said like 25 zillion times before. I know, I am getting redundant. Let me just end by saying that I had a great break, I love my family and friends, and I LOVE WISCONSIN.

There. Was that a little too much?

No comments:

Post a Comment