Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Never Can Say Goodbye

When you are heading towards graduation in college, everyone talks about the challenges of finding a job, figuring out what you want to do, or what your life plan is. No one really tells you how hard it is going to be to leave your friends. You head to college and become the best of friends with these people, become each others family, and then BAM! College is done, you have to pack up, say goodbye, and move away from these people you have just spent 4 years living with and around.

Well I have been hard core missing friends lately. So this past weekend, thanks to an extra day off courtesy of President's Day, I headed back to the Midwest for a visit with 2 of my best friends from college, Adrian deLange and Kaylee Engelsman.

The weekend's activities consisted of staying up crazy late, eating some delicious Culver's (which I have so dearly missed!), touring Calvin College and Seminary, playing games, and laughing until I literally fell on the floor. Let's just say it was a GREAT weekend. These 2 know me so very well, almost too well at times, and it was wonderful to be around dear friends again.

As little sleep as I got over the weekend, I realized that I felt amazingly refreshed after returning. Friends can have that much impact, I don't know about everyone, but I know for me definitely. Living far away from most of my family and friends has been a challenge. Reestablishing a life, making new friends, and finding a different form of family has been tough, I'll be honest. The good thing is that my school and the people around here have been so gracious in getting to know me and being so welcoming. Another huge plus? I have great friends like Kaylee and Adrian that let me take a mini vaca to hang out with them and make me laugh until I cannot breathe. True friendship, right there.

So today I am thanking God for my friends, be them childhood, high school, college, or new/more recent friends. You mean so very much to me and I can't imagine my life without you.




"How do you know you've found your best friend? When you are ready to talk to them about anything, even though they know everything about you already."

1 comment:

  1. you are quite possibly the most wonderful friend I could ever ask for...
    It means so much to Adrian and I that we could be a home away from home. We miss you so very much and hope that the time until July goes very quickly :) We love you...I love you :)

    ReplyDelete