Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Putting on my Big Girl Pants!

During college, I lived on my own, er away from my parents, technically. But college is a cushy way to ease you into the real world. You don't have to worry about gas, electric, internet, etc. You pay your school one big check and they take care of it. Or at least, that's how it worked at Dordt.

Now, I've moved out on my own into a house and BAM! I am hit with bills, starting up a bank account, having meetings with insurance agents, and figuring out other problems on my own. Ok, I have a roommate, but Julia is doing it for the first time too. We have both had our shares of frustrations and worries. Plus we are both trying to plan our classrooms and school years as well. The stress level at our house has been high lately. Our families are probably grateful we moved away!

Even through all this stress, God's faithfulness had been evident. He has provided us with a wonderful place to live, renting from a fantastic family that has been most gracious with the money situation. We have great neighbors, including a sweet older lady who checks in on us and have been given food and invited over for dinner by many people. Not to mention our school communities have warmly welcomed us. Plus, my cousin Ryan lives 15-20 minutes away! What more could we ask for? God is so good! I remind myself of all these facts when I have those freak out, worrisome moments. I am still learning a lot about trust and patience. Who couldn't use more of that huh? ;) 

And below are some pictures of moving and our house! Enjoy!

Moving partially across country requires a sweet moving truck!

Our house! With cute blue shutters.
My bookshelf full of pictures and little reminders of wonderful friends and family.


4 comments:

  1. looks great! :D I love your title too! Isn't it true? When does school start? Soon?! You'll do great! and I want to see pictures of your classroom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay adulthood! Did you guys get internet yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shena-school starts 2 weeks from today! I will definitely put up pics of my room. I want to see yours too!

    Clara-no, not yet. we are having issues with verizon. ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. can't wait to see updates of the classroom/hear about school days :)

    ReplyDelete