Sunday, May 11, 2014

Appreciation

This past week was Teacher Appreciation Week. At my school, we teachers are immensely blessed with meals throughout the week put together by parents! It was delicious and so thoughtful of them to do. Thank you so much to everyone for your kindness!!


I was reflecting quite a bit on my job during this week. I can not imagine ever doing another job as long as I live. I love teaching with my whole heart. It it challenging, frustrating, and exhausting, but it is also incredibly rewarding, ridiculously fun, and so full of joy.

 

So in the spirit of appreciation, I wanted to list my favorite moments as a teacher, the times that I love and appreciate.  Some general, some specific, but it will give you an idea of why I love my job so freaking much.

  • Dress up days: Willy Wonka, Pippi Longstocking, Viola Swamp, a crazy Christmas sweater...I love them all!
  • That moment when you watch a student "get it". You can see whatever concept you have been working hard to teach finally click in their brain and they understand. Awesomeness.
  •  When the older students interact with the younger students and it makes the little kid's day.
  • Acting ridiculous just to make a high schooler give you the slightest smile. Not too big though... they still have to be cool.
  • Being able to pray each week with my coworkers for our students.
  • Reading aloud to my students.
  • Laughing with my students.
  • Laughing with my coworkers :)
  •  Former students still wanting to give me hugs.
  • Students and teachers singing hymns together at devotions.
  • When a lesson goes really, really well!
  • The pure happiness on my students' faces when I give them a bonus recess.
  • Watching a student read their first chapter book.
  • When my students eagerly and excitedly discuss God, the Bible, and how they want to serve the Lord when they grow up.
  • The end of the year, when you look back at where you started and cannot believe that all of a sudden another year is done and the kids are ready for 3rd grade.

The Lord has been so good to me in my 3 years at RTCS. I have said it before, I will say it now, and I will continue to say it--teachers have the best job in the entire world! So thankful for all those at my school who work so hard every single week and for the teachers all around the world who teach their hearts out for their students.

Proverbs 22:6 "Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it."                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment