Sunday, March 9, 2014

Ode to a Terrible Car

Two years ago I bought you
Shiny and new to me
I was so excited, so ecstatic!
You were everything I wanted you to be.

We bonded on our first road trip
Wisconsin all the way to Pennsylvania
The traffic, the hills, the snowy weather
Nothing could sway or ruin ya!

But then one month into owning you
You decided to break down one morn
Right as I had to head into work
I couldn't contain my scorn.

No big deal, no worries! I said
It's just a freak breakdown this time,
Sure it's expensive, but its just this once
I'm sure from now on it'll be fine!

And sure, you were fine for a while
You ran like a champ on those hills
But every couple months, like clockwork
You'd breakdown and I'd pay another bill

How many times did I tow you?
How many times did you break?
You were in the garage as much as you weren't
Simply put, you were a giant headache.

So thanks for the times that you did work
The fun trips and memories we've had
For all the place you've brought me
I am really and truly glad.

But you seriously were a piece of junk
You were dying a slow, painful death
The transmission was clunky and awful
Every time I drove I held my breath!

So drive into the sunset, dear Mazda
And I hope you enjoy wherever you go.
I'll be driving in my smooth new Honda
With no need for a jump or a tow! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment